In today’s competitive environment, companies that deliver the most value to their customers compete most effectively. This principle provides the foundation for the rms Surgical operational excellence program and drives its everyday activities.
More than four years ago, rms Surgical implemented its lean management program and today it has become part of the company’s cultural fabric. Whether it involves adding new machine tool technology to produce parts faster at lower cost with better tolerance control or shortening the distance between the tool crib and the point of use, our program is successfully eliminating waste in the entire process. As a result, rms Surgical has been recognized by its peers as a leader in the effective use of lean management, and our customers benefit with lower costs and better products.
- rms Surgical Launched its Operational Excellence Program in 2012
- Dedicated director of continuous improvement
- Lean tools used visual metrics, standard work and daily tiered meetings
- “Learning to see waste” blitzes
- Value stream mapping
- A3 improvement projects and report outs
- Kaizen events and report outs
- rms Surgical “Common Cent$ program
- Employee-driven waste reduction
- Rewards and recognition for accomplishments
- Cretex Company corporate support
- Company-wide lean goals and project initiatives
- Lean practitioner training program initiated in 2013
- Lean Leadership Train the Trainer program initiated in 2015